So, it's nearly Christmas. Yeah, yeah. Unfortunately for Santa, another little event is stealing his jingly thunder. It's called 'Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens'.
I was around when the original Star Wars movie came out - my parents took my brother and I to see it at the drive-in theatre. We were all pretty impressed, and became fans of the series, going on to watch the next two in the sequel. When 'The Empire Strikes Back' came out, I was old enough to be a proper Star Wars nerd, and around 1981 I recall sitting in our family room listening over and over to the 'Star Wars (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)'. As in so much that I could hum the whole album from Track 1, 'Main Title' to track 16, 'The Throne Room and End Title'. I can no longer do this, and I admit I did look up the names of those tracks on Wikipedia. I am not the same 'Star Wars' nerd once was.
Further evidence I am not much of a 'Star Wars' nerd anymore:
- Taking the family to watch on opening day....at 2:30pm not midnight
- Prepared for the film the lazy/time-poor way: by watching one film only - episode VI ('Return of the Jedi), though had best of intentions to go through the Machete sequence
- Couldn't find a third 'Star Wars'-related reason - case closed!
I do, however, think I can officially number myself among those who call themselves ''Star Wars' fan', after eliciting the appropriate reaction of nerdy giggles, to this cartoon:
SC: A Star Wars Christmas Comic by DeathbyChiasmus on DeviantArt
My public gigs this weekend, and Xmas Eve, here are*:
Friday, 18 December 2015
- from 7:30pm to 10:30pm at the Last Drop, Warnbro
Saturday, 19 December 2015
- in the afternoon at Bolt Coffee Christmas Party, Hazelmere
Sunday, 20 December 2015
- from 1:30pm to 4:30pm at 7th Ave Bar and Restaurant, Midland
Thursday, 24 December 2015
- from 4:30pm to 7:30pm at The Vic, Subiaco
All the details are on my gigs page.
Enjoy your weekend, and go easy on the midi-chlorians ;P
*you knew I was going to sneak in a Yoda pun